Are you READY to Take Charge of Your Birth?
1 in 3 women suffer from Birth Trauma. You can reduce the odds of it happening to YOU by understanding your rights, your options, and having the confidence to Take Charge right from the start!
Learn what questions to ask to Avoid Unnecessary Interventions
Find the Right Care Provider and Support Team
Optimize Your Birth Plan
Gain the Skills and Confidence to Position Yourself as the Decision Maker in Your Care!
Christina–a doula in BC
“Being informed made all the difference”
As Featured in Modern Mama
For just over 6 years Carly has been reaching out to help women from all over Canada to have more empowering births on their own terms! She has the unique perspective both as a mom who has Taken Charge of her own birth AND as an advocate immersed in the birth-work community. She understands both the struggle of feeling “unqualified” to make decisions in her care and the power that comes from breaking free of that mindset and understanding EXACTLY how the system works.
She has been building relationships with birth advocates, doulas, midwives, and nurses in the Lower Mainland and other parts of North America since 2015, having learned the secrets that your doula, nurse, midwife, or doctor may not be ALLOWED to tell you.
The maternity care system is based on profit, convenience, and minimizing liability. A lot of ways that birth workers try to help you advocate for yourself without breaking the rules can get lost in translation!
You don’t know where to start looking for information
Need help optimizing your birth plan, learning your options, or shifting your mindset to become more confident and in control of your care and your birth
Then click the button below and find out more about the Take Charge of Your Birth System and just how powerful you can be!
How Can You Start Taking Charge of Your Birth?
Get this 28-Page Full Colour Guide to help you Take Charge!
Learn what you need to know to Take Charge of Your Birth including…
Tips for Informed Decision Making
Your Rights to Informed Consent and Refusal
Questions to Ask Before You Agree to an Induction
Tips to Prevent an Unnecessary Cesarean
This full-colour 28-page guide is mobile friendly and can be downloaded right to your Google Drive! Keep it close to you, share with your birth partner, and put yourself back in the driver’s seat for your pregnancy, birth, postpartum and beyond!
Get Weekly Tips, Videos, and more!
Did you know that some of the biggest parenting groups out there can undermine your confidence to Take Charge of Your Birth? When you are in a large group full of other people who don’t know their rights, options, or understand how the maternity care system actually works against physiological birth, you risk getting more of the same information from more misinformed or even traumatized moms!
Empowering Moms in Pregnancy, Birth, Postpartum, and Beyond addresses the misconceptions, dispels the fear of birth, and provides a safe space for you to ask your questions and get the answers you need and the resources to sift through the evidence and come to your own conclusions.
In this Facebook Group for Empowered Moms we don’t tell you what’s best for you. That’s YOUR call to make. Nobody will tell you that you’re selfish for choosing to refuse a test, choose a birth experience that fits YOUR needs and values, or give you information that hasn’t been verified within a much larger community of birth workers.
In fact, some of the BEST birth workers out there for Informed Choice in Canada are in the group AND will speak on Live Videos throughout the year!
Inside the group every month is a new theme focused on an aspect of Pregnancy, Birth, Postpartum, and Breastfeeding.
You’ll get access to…
- Live Videos where we’ll expand on a particular topic for the week and often invite guest speakers from a large network of Birth Professionals who can add valuable insight
- Special promotions and offers exclusive to members only
- Free gifts, bonus trainings, and downloadable content
- A community of other moms who support your desire to make your own decisions in your care, no matter what that looks like.
- 1-1 Messenger support, should you have a question on where to find content inside the group or through other reputable websites and resources compiled over 6 years of advocacy and education.
- The BEST articles, videos, stories, and free content out there for an Empowered Birth from multiple sources to save you time in scrolling and following EVERYONE out there!
- Breakdowns of what the evidence and articles actually say, so you don’t have to spend years learning all the terminology, statistics, and context on your own.
- And, content that can be created with YOU in mind!
The group is growing every day, and our mission is Empowering Moms to be the decision makers and ultimately pay it forward into the future.
Imagine a world when EVERY mom had an Empowered Birth! Imagine a world where we no longer had to feel like we need to ask permission to birth our babies our way!
You can be part of a growing community of moms committed to changing the world one birth at a time.
Come join us inside!
Tips for an Empowered Birth
- What to Do When Your Friends and Family Don’t Support Your Birth PlanLet’s face it; planning the birth you truly want to have is tough enough. There’s a lot of work you have to do to educate yourself, un-learn the myths and misconceptions, shift your mindset, do deep inner work to releaseContinue reading “What to Do When Your Friends and Family Don’t Support Your Birth Plan”
- 4 Reasons to Take Charge of Your BirthYou trusted your body, and at the same time you were told that you “failed” to progress and you “don’t go into labour on your own”. If you had a cesarean, you may feel that you “failed” at birth. But you didn’t. The truth is that the system failed you. A lot of advocates will tell you that the system is “broken”, but I have since realized that the system isn’t broken at all. It’s working exactly the way that it was designed to work: the goal is to extract a live baby from a live mother, and do so in the most efficient and cost-effective way possible. Hospitals and maternity care are a business. That means that your experience isn’t something they can measure, and it’s not important to their bottom line. If you survive birth, and your baby survives, then they did their job and they pat themselves on the back for that.
- How to Plan a Natural BirthWould you like to avoid the epidural and have a natural birth but you don’t know where to start or how to plan for it? Parents make 3 BIG mistakes when they first set out to plan a natural birthContinue reading “How to Plan a Natural Birth”